I'll be on vacation from October 20th to November 3rd. I'll catch up when I return all rested and happy ... and fat.
Someone recently asked me an interesting question. She noted that since I started this blog I have not sold a single story, after selling two rather close together. It's been almost a year. I was asked if I thought I might be being black-balled by WW because of this blog.
My answer is no. And here's why.
1) I'm not important enough that my opinions on the writing aspect of these stories would matter to WW.
2) My beef is with the stories themselves, not the magazine.
3) I have often said on-line, in Twitter and FB, how great a mag I think WW is. I post nice things on their FB page.
4) I don't think Johnene is that petty. I don't think Johnene knows I exist.
5) I believe Johnene is good at what she does and picks the best stories that she feels will appeal to the widest range of readers, and since she's been there so long, she knows what she's doing.
Same with Pat. She's front line. She has certain elements she is searching for. If you don't have them, you don't get by her. These ladies read thousands of stories...thousands. They doesn't have time to research who might have made a snarky comment . They also realize a story cannot please everyone which is why, I believe, they choose stories from all over the writing style spectrum.
6) I also make good comments when the story merits it. I don't expect that will work IN my favor either...lol.
7) IF I were on some kind of 'no-no' list, my stories would never make it to Seattle...and they mostly do.