How many ways are there to catch a crook?1) Only the BG (bad guy) knows a detail that only he would know; a name, an item at the crime scene, etc.
2) The BG doesn't know something he's supposed to; the name of his uncle, the time of the crime.
3) The BG leaves something incriminating behind; a fingerprint, his work glove, etc.
4) The BG is seen; surveillance footage, a witness.
5) The BG brags and someone tells the police what he said.
6) The BG's behavior changes; a poor man buys a new car.
7) The BG suffers an injury during the commission of the crime that incriminates him. He has burns from setting off a fire for example. Or he has little glass cuts all over his face from the window exploding when he dove through it.
8) The BG has a specific field of knowledge that ordinary people wouldn't know; a court reporter knows something only because she could read the steno notes left at the death scene of another court reporter.
Can you think of any other ways?